Product liability litigation involves defective and unsafe products that can kill or injure people. Manufacturers of these products are liable for design defects, improper safety devices, manufacturing issues and other missteps that can cause harm to people.
A product liability lawsuit can not only obtain compensation for a preventable injury or death, but also make the manufacturer take responsibility for its defective product design.
Product liability cases can involve defective products such as:
- Auto parts such as child car seats, seat belts, airbags and more
- Household products
- Industrial machinery and equipment
- Medical devices
For decades, the attorneys at Anapol Schwartz have successfully represented people who were badly hurt by defectively designed products.
Anapol Schwartz has obtained substantial products liability settlements and verdicts including:
- $26 million verdict in a case against General Motors Corporation for a defective seat back that failed in a rear-end collision and caused the client to suffer a catastrophic spinal cord injury
- $12 million verdict in a case against a helmet manufacturer for a high school football player who suffered a catastrophic cervical neck injury
- $1.75 million settlement on behalf of a forklift driver paralyzed when the boom of another forklift struck his seat and propelled him into a metal bar
- An award on behalf of a woman burned by a faulty kerosene heater
- An award on behalf of a sanitation worker who lost of his legs while operating a defectively designed trash truck
- An award on behalf of a man injured as a passenger on a truck with a defective braking system
Contact the product liability lawyers at Anapol Schwartz today if you or someone you love has been injured by an unsafe product. Your state limits the amount of time you have to protect your legal rights, so call today.