(866) 735-2792

Talk to a personal injury lawyer.

Protect Your Rights
Contact our lawyers using the form for a free SSRI Drugs lawsuit consultation or call (866) 735-2792.
() -
Were you taking an antidepressants / SSRI drugs while pregnant?
Yes No
Birth Injuries Suffered:
Neural Tube Defects
Septal Heart Defects
Heart Defects
Other Injuries

Please describe what happened:
We never share your personal information. View disclaimer.

Do antidepressants (also known as SSRI drugs) cause birth defects?

SSRI drugs cross the placenta and may affect your newborn.

Birth Defects Attorneys

Zoloft, Paxil and the SSRI drug group as a whole are linked to birth defect malformations, particularly septal defects.

Antidepressants are no strangers to modern society. Mention the word “antidepressant” to a group of women and most can name at least two or three antidepressants in the marketplace. Brands are well known as they are continually advertised on TV and the Web and many friends, coworkers, and family members take antidepressants. Being depressed is no longer a stigma but a national past time perhaps even a rite of passage.

What are SSRIs?

Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors are used as antidepressants for the treatment of depression, anxiety disorders, and some personality disorders. Some SSRI drugs are used to treat diabetic nerve pain and fibromyalgia.

Do You Have a Birth Defects Lawsuit? »

SSRIs block the reabsorption of the neurotransmitter serotonin in the brain. SSRIs are considered selective because they primarily affect serotonin, not other neurotransmitters. Changing the balance of serotonin seems to help brain cells send and receive chemical messages, which in turn boosts mood.

Who makes SSRI or antidepressants?

What birth defects are associated with SSRIs?

Here is a partial list:

Contact Our SSRI Drugs Lawyers Today »

Has your baby suffered serious to life threatening birth defects because you took antidepressants during pregnancy? If the answer is yes – please contact Anapol Schwartz law firm to find out what legal recourse you have to obtain a settlement for your baby’s pain and suffering and medical expenses.

Talk to a Lawyer