DePuy ASR and DePuy Pinnacle
Three DePuy Orthopaedics metal-on-metal hip implants are causing severe and disabling health problems in patients from across the country.
The Johnson & Johnson subsidiary is now facing thousands of lawsuits because people are fed up with their pain caused by a poorly designed product.
Three Dangerous DePuy Metal Hips:
- Pinnacle Metal Acetabular Cup System
- ASR XL Acetabular Hip System
- ASR Hip Resurfacing System
The ASR XL Acetabular Hip System was first marketed in the U.S. in 2005. DePuy then recalled the ASR devices in 2010 after a joint replacement registry in the U.K. reported a significantly higher number of ASR patients needed a revision surgery to correct the side effects of hip replacement failure. The Pinnacle metal-on-metal hip was introduced in 2000. This model has not been recalled, even though hundreds of people have experienced symptoms similar to those of other metal hip implants.
Symptoms of a defective hip may include walking difficulty or hip pain, numbness or swelling. Serious adverse reactions can occur when the metal components grind together and shed toxic debris into the bloodstream.
Hip Implant Failure Adverse Reactions Include:
- Skin rash in the surrounding area
- Weakening of the heart muscle
- Sensory changes
- Depression or cognitive impairment
- Renal function problems
- Thyroid dysfunction
Call our hip implant team today to find out what happened with your metal hip. You’ll receive a free case evaluation and learn your legal options. We’ll do all the work, so you can focus on getting better.
Call now: (866) 606-5050.
The call is free, and there is no obligation.
Tell Us What Happened
We know it hurts, and we want to help. Tell us about yourself.
What To Do:
- Gather as Much Information as Possible
- See a Physician if You Haven’t Already
- Do not Speak to Others about Your Concerns
- Do not Discuss Your Hip on Social Media
- Speak to a Lawyer as Soon as Possible (866) 606-5050